Tuesday 14 July 2015

Bookmass Eve

The Samaritan is finally published in hardcover and trade paperback this Thursday!

Although it's been out in ebook for a while, it doesn't feel quite published until I see it on the shelf in a bookshop. The launch is tomorrow night at 7pm at Waterstones Argyle Street in Glasgow, and if you're in the neighbourhood it would be great to have you along. You can register for a free place and get full details here.

Rebecca Bradley was kind enough to host me on the What's Your First Draft Like? feature on her blog - you can see my contribution here and check out how other writers have answered this question. No two are the same and these posts are fascinating for anyone interested in the craft of writing.

Bloody Scotland kindly asked me to blog about my inspiration for the new Blake book, which I've done here.

Elsewhere, I've been blogging the new season of True Detective along with Steve Cavanagh over on The Murder Room.

I had my first interview for a broadsheet newspaper last week with the Glasgow Herald, and you can read it in full here. It's a great feature, loads of column inches and for once a pretty decent photograph. I'm really pleased with it.

 
 
 
And just when I thought all of the Killing Season reviews were over, I got this great American blog review from Leaning Tower of Tomes
 
"There is plenty of action to be found here, and it’s so intense and well-visualized that I really felt like I was watching a movie."
 
That's it for now - looking forward to a busy few days as The Samaritan hits the shelves.

No comments:

Post a Comment