Saturday 17 January 2015

Publishers Weekly review and some nice proofs

Great advance review of Killing Season in the States from Publisher's Weekly:

Cross’s engrossing debut, the first in a new crime series, introduces Carter Blake, a man without a home and with no personal ties, but with a knack for finding people who don’t want to be found...The body count grows as Wardell goes on a rampage in several states. The suspense builds all the way to the breathtaking ending. Readers will look forward to seeing more of Blake.

It's interesting that BooklistKirkus and now PW have all commented on the high bodycount with approval. I hadn't thought too much about it, but now I'm happy that The Samaritan also happens to be fairly death-heavy.

Only a few short weeks now until The Killing Season makes its American debut on February 15 - can't wait to see how it goes down with readers.





 
Orion has produced an amazing limited-edition slipcase containing the advance proofs of The Samaritan along with the Killing Season paperback. I feel really fortunate to be getting such a big push from my publisher on these latest upcoming releases, although seeing my name alongside some of these luminaries is a little daunting.

I'm still writing book three, and at the moment, simultaneously going through page proofs on Samaritan, which is the last time I can make changes before it's published in May.

I can report that it's no less daunting waiting for the second novel to come out.





No comments:

Post a Comment