Tuesday 27 January 2015

Lee Child read my book!

So, lots of cool stuff happening over the last week.
 
I picked up another really nice American review, this one from the Library Journal, who said:
 
British author Cross makes a spectacular U.S. debut with this harrowing thriller. The gripping, intense pace and the intriguing characters will keep readers on the edge of their seats. Hope for a sequel!
 
Speaking of libraries, I've been asked back to do another author event at Cambuslang Library on 21st February, which is great as I had so much fun doing the last one. Check out the events page for more details, and it's completely free, so just show up if you're in the area.
 
I found out that Sainsburys is going to be stocking The Killing Season across their stores in the UK, which is fantastic as it will get a chance to reach tons of readers who might not have a bookshop near them. 
 
And finally, I got some amazing news from my editor: Lee Child read the book, enjoyed it, and is giving me a cover quote. You can see it on the shot of the latest paperback design below.  
 
 

If you have trouble reading it in the picture, it says "My kind of book." This is a fantastic surprise - I'm a huge fan of Lee and Jack Reacher, and he's definitely been one of my big influences.

Can't wait to see it on the shelves... of Sainsburys and everywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment